Willy’s Trucking Service offers LTL and TL freight service to many communities in northern Alberta and BC, and as such we are directly impacted by changes in fuel prices. Fuel surcharges are applied on all services unless otherwise noted.
Updates to surcharges made periodically.
We adjust fuel surcharges periodically as fuel prices change. When changes are applied they will be reflected on your invoice.
|EFFECTIVE DATE||FUEL SURCHARGE|
|November 27, 2017||26.9%|
P&D Drivers Tips
Over the years that I have been involved in the LTL Freight business there are some tips that I feel all Pickup and Delivery ( P&D) drivers need to be aware of, and apply to their daily routines.
I hope these tips are useful, and that you will find that when applied in the long run that not only for you as a driver but for the company it can save a lot of headaches, and it will also help us provide the best level of Quality service for our customers.
- If you are picking up a fully loaded trailer from a customer that had been spotted there for loading, make sure that before you sign off the BOL that you mark on it in front of the customer shipper’s load and count.
- If you are picking up freight look to see if it’s something that is at risk of damage i.e.: uncrated motorcycle, toolbox on wheels. If so then advise the customer that it will have to go shipped at owner’s risk, and mark it on the BOL and have them initial it and you as the driver initial it as well.
- If you are picking up at a customer and it is again say a tool box for example used, make sure the BOL clearly states used. This can save on any possible claim issues.
- When delivering to a customer if you know there is damage to a box but chances are product is good, even if the damage is just a small hole. HAVE the customer check the product well you are there, do not let them mark subject to inspection that does not protect the customer allowing for damage claims at later date. Good customer service will be to get them to inspect product well there so if there is a claim it can be expedited.
- If delivering, and there is damage make sure to mark on delivery invoice what is damaged be descriptive. Do Not Put for Example box crushed. Put box crushed then what the actual product was on the delivery invoice have customer initial it and you as driver initial it.
How to File a Claim for Lost or Damaged Goods
To file a claim for lost or damaged goods, simply send us the required documentation as outlined below. You can send your claim file to us by regular mail, by fax (780-488-2339) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invoice charging Willy’s Trucking Service for the amount of your claim*
- Reference- Ensure our shipping reference number is included.
- GST- Freight claims are GST exempt- do not charge GST on your invoice.
- Supporting documentation showing how you arrived at your claim amount*
- Maximum Liability- Freight claims cannot exceed $2 per pound unless a declared value was indicated on the Shippers Bill of Lading.
- Declared Value- Freight claims cannot exceed the declared value amount as indicated on the Shippers Bill of Lading.
- No Profit- The party submitting a claim is not permitted to make a profit on the freight claim. The claim must not exceed the claimants actual cost to replace the product damaged; include a copy of the original invoice to show the actual cost.
- Cost Mitigation- All parties must work to minimize the cost of the claim. Charges to repair goods must not include ‘betterment’.
- Customer Claim Report*
- To obtain a Customer Claim Report form, call your local Willy’s Trucking Service depot. This form will ensure that we have all of the required information to investigate and process your claim.
- All shipping documents you can provide**
- Shippers Bill of Lading
- Packing Slip or Proof of Delivery
- Emails or copies of other correspondence which you have had with a Willy’s Trucking Service employee in regards to your claim may help speed the processing of your claim.
* Items are required for claim to be processed
** Items are optional for claim to be processed, but may speed claim processing
Download Claim Form